Saturday, November 15, 2008

send me mail and make me feel better about this...

I met with my employer yesterday. The good news: He seems really nice and I should like my job. The bad news: I don't start until December 1st, I will be teaching classes of 6 korean students ages 9-17 online (so I can't really use any of the Thai I have learned), oh and I am homeless until they find me a place to live on or around December 1st (they claim to be looking for apartments for us...right).
I can live at the school until I start working...but it is kind of a crap hole (no hot water, my AC is broken, and I have a room filled with ants). So instead the boys and I decided to go to Chiang Mai (about 12 hours north of here), and then into Laos for the next 2 weeks. We are leaving tomorrow.
Don't get me wrong, I am VERY excited that I have more vacation time, and that I get to see the North of Thailand AND a whole other country...I was just counting on getting a job A MONTH AGO. I am running low on cash so if they push back my start date another time I might have to find a side job.
That is the update for now...I am sure my trip will be fabulous and I know I am going to like my job once it actually STARTS!
Until then, I FINALLY got a hold of the address here! You can send mail here any time since it is the address of the school I will be working at.

Tami Laird
c/o TEFL International
38/53-55 Moo 1 Suan Son Rd.
Klaeng, Muang
Rayong 21160 Thailand

I would LOVE to get any kind of mail...especially because I am feeling a little homesick. Send me letters, send me pictures, heck send me anything...I would love it! Oh and don't forget to include your address too so I can send you postcards.
I will update probably in Chiang Mai or Laos! Until then...miss you all as much as I miss mexican food (which is A LOT)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Chiang Mai the Thaiarrhea Capitol from last time? ewww Careful what you eat.
Does that mean no visit to Vietnam?
Have a great time.
Miss you.
xoxo