Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Crisis Averted

Rachel decided to take the job in Chonburri...I guess her boyfriend will be done with his TEFL course in Ban Phe in 2 weeks, and he can more easily find jobs in Chonburri than Ban Phe since its a larger city. They figured it would be easier for them to be together in Thailand by her going to Chonburri now, instead of hanging around Ban Phe and then he might get sent somewhere else. I will still be teaching online in Ban Phe!! Although now, I have lost the only other female in our group. Testosterone city here I cooooome!
For the king's birthday on Friday, the whole town of Ban Phe has a parade, and as teachers here we have to march in it. Hopefully there's beer. Anyway, we have to wear yellow "king shirts", which are these hideous bright yellow polo shirts with the kings insignia and Thai writing on them. everyone in Thailand wears them on Mondays (theres a color you are supposed to wear for every day of the week). I have avoided buying one thus far, but now I have to break down and get one to wear on Friday, or I wont be a respectable parade marching citizen. So looks like its off to the Rayong night market to get one tonight!
The conflict in Bangkok looks like it is slowly getting settled. The prime minister has been taken out of office, and banned from politics for 5 years due to fraud. The PAD is leaving the airport as we speak, and business flights resume today. All other flights are said to begin on Friday! Looks like I am no longer trapped in the country! And there was no bloodshed! Double good! Hopefully I can track down all my mail that probably got lost in the mayhem!

I uploaded pictures from my trip to the tiger place in Sriracha, and theres a couple extras tagged on from around Ban Phe.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2015769&l=21bc7&id=83901952

they are kind of lame...but still kind of awesome!! Love and miss you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these pics.dimelis

Sherry said...

Love the pics....I understand why the pigs and tigers are together, but why are the golden retreivers there in the same cages...have seen similar pics on web of tiger/pigs. Interspecies getting along......the human species should take note. We can't even get along with ourselves! Glad you are safe(r) now too.

Ashley Voyles said...

So glad we got to catch up last night, well last night for me at least. Glad to hear things are going well. Have a great rest of the week. :)