Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Freaking out

So the last week, we have been commuting to Pattaya for online teaching. Every day the boys and I get a ride from our boss, Bruce 1 hour each way. We teach very late at night, so come home around 11 pm. I only teach T/Th, while the boys teach M-Th.
Today (wednesday), I didn't go to Pattaya because I wasn't teaching. I had been asked to take a class tonight, but had said no to spend more time with Tom.
I talked to Scott around 10 pm on skype, and he said they were leaving then. 3 hours later I was still waiting downstairs. I had a horrible feeling and knew something must be wrong. I tried calling Scott's phone, but no answer. I figured Bruce had forgotten to pick them up, and went to bed. I couldn't sleep.
At 4 am I got a knock on my door, t was Lucky, Bruce's wife. From what I can gather through a broken English/Thai mixture, she said they got in a bad car accident on the highway. They are all alive, but Scott is pretty badly injured. Matt is ok, and Bruce and Andre are hurt too. They are at the hospital but she wouldn't take me until tomorrow morning. I tried to call Scott again and he answered, but said he was in too much pain, tried to pass the phone to Matt and we got disconected. I will try again in a few minutes. I hope they are ok.
I know I should feel lucky that I didn't take that class tonight, and wasn't in the car. Who knows what could have happened...there are no seatbelts in Thailand. AT least I know they are all alive, but I have no cue how badly injured they are. I feel awful that I can't do anything. I will keep you all posted as soon as I find out what happened at the hospital tomorrow. It's about 4:30 now...no sleep for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Tami. I'm glad you're ok, and I'm hoping that Scott, Bruce, and Andre will be safe. Wishing good things yours, and their way. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

Yes, do let us know. So sorry for your fears and worries! We are thinking of all of you.