Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Boring

Hey everyone...
The last week or so has been pretty boring, in a good way. The boys are all doing much better after the accident. Andre got his stitches out today, and Scott got his nose unpacked. They are still recovering, but doing better every day!
I have been VERY busy...Korea upped my schedule just before the accident, and now I have taken on all of Scott's classes, and some of Andre's. I teach ALL DAY, every day now. I am pretty tired, but its ok.
Tom has been having fun, despite my absence. We went over to Koh Samet last weekend and Laurie, Morgan, Alex and Courtney came! It was great to see all of them. We had a blast on the island. Tom really liked it.
Tom leaves tomorrow to go back home! I feel bad because I couldn't do much with him from working so much. But I have great friend here who have adopted him. Rachel had a day off and came over one morning to take him windsurfing, and Andre took him to the night market once he was feeling better. He said hes had a great time, and we did get to go to Cambodia!!
Things are going to continue to be busy for the rest of the month. Next weekend, we are heading up to Bangkok, because Alex's school is putting on a Thai/English version of Romeo and Juliet. The best part: it's a musical, and she has to be in it singing and dancing! Of course I wouldn't miss this kind of public humiliation for anything!
Scott has decided to go home for a couple weeks. He leaves Feb.2nd. I am bummed, but he needs to see his family and get checked by doctors at home. He will be back at the end of February.
In other news, we booked plane tickets for our travel when work is done. April1-15 the boys and I are going to the south of Thailand (all the islands) and will go to a full moon party and the songkran water festival. April15-27 we will be in Vietnam. Fly into Hanoi, and out of Ho Chi Mihn, seeing all in between. From there we will go to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia...then onto Bali and the Gilli islands in Indonesia for 10 days. Finally, we will head back to Malaysia and see Singapore. On May 13th I will fly back into Bangkok, and the boys will continue on to Australia (I would love to join them, but its so dang expensive!). I will come home May 15th. All in all it's about a month and 1/2 of traveling! All 7 of my flights came to a total of $350 US!! AMAZINGLY CHEAP! Should be fun! Then in June, Scott is coming to CA for about 2 1/2 weeks (he's never been). I will take him all aver from San Fran, to San Diego.
All in all, there's a lot to look forward to. February should be kind of boring. I will be saving (or trying to save) most of my paychecks for traveling, so I am sorry to say most of the updates will be travel-less for a while!
Hope everyone is doing well at home!
xoxo

1 comment:

Ashley Voyles said...

I hope showing Scott everything from San Fran to San Diego means you will be getting close to me? I hope I can come and see you guys wherever you are. You could always bring him to the State Capital. lol. Glad to hear everyone is recovering well!!

Miss you.