Tuesday, March 17, 2009

the best of the last...

This past weekend was my second to last in Ban Phe :(

I am starting to get a little sad about leaving, but more excited to start traveling on the 28th!

Friday, a bunch of us went into Rayong to eat pizza and go bowling. After, we went to a club where they had live music. They stuck us right in the front (so everyone could stare at the white people). We had a great time until all of a sudden the lights came on, and the music stopped. We turned around to find the club surrounded by hundreds of Thai police. We were pretty scared so we went to the door. They let us out, because we are foreigners, but they wouldn't let any Thai people exit. We still don't know what was going on, but I have heard horror storeis of people getting arrested on false drug charges just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time...we were pretty lucky!!

Saturday, we went to Rache's school's graduation! This thing was a HUGE deal. The kids did a bunch of performances on a huge stage. Rachel even had to give a speech! Of course, since we are the only white people for miles, they gave us a VIP table (literally there was a sign that said VIP"), right at the front of the whole thing. They then proceeded to videotape us and put it up on the jumbo screen so everyone could look at the foreigners. Anyway, it was pretty funny. The performances were so adorable (preschool age kids dancing), and they kept beinging us all different food. They would walk up with a fruit plate, or a giant fish, or a duck, or a big plate of rice...and just when you thought you were done eating, they brought another.

The next day, we decided to take our last trip out to the island of Koh Samet. We took a boat tour around the island, and snorkeled, swam, fished, and layed in the sun. It was really nice and relaxing. When we got back, we went for one final dinner at Shaam's. We found someone to drive us the 20 minutes out to his place, and we ate all of our favorite foods. I am so sad that was my last Shaam's meal, because his food is the BEST Thai food I have ever had (maybe some of the best food in general that I have ever had). Shaam drove us back, and we said goodbye to him.

I have this week, and next to finish teaching, and then we start our S.E. Asian traveling adventure (yay). I won't have a computer with me while I travel so updates and pictures will be few and far between (if at all), but I promise very detailed entries and tons of pictures upon my return to the states! I am going to miss Thailand, but I am ready to see the world!

No comments: