Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bali

Hello from Bali!

Bali is AMAZING. I really love it here. Beautiful beaches, perfect water, green rice paddies, cocnut laden palm trees, perfect blue sky!

We crossed over the equator, so now we are in the Southern Hemisphere (though I don't know if the toilet flushes the opposite direction). It is VERY hot here since we are so close to the equator. We are staying in Kuta/Legian beach area.

Yesterday we went white water rafting down a large river in the center of the island. It was level 4 rapids, and was pretty action packed the whole 2 1/2 hour trip! The rafting culminated with going over a 5 meter waterfall. It was really scary, but awesome! I absolutely loved it! Other than that, we have been laying on the beach, swimming, surfing, and eating really yummy food! The Balinese people are so friendly and fun. I would really like to teach here someday!

We are thinking about heading to the Gilli islands next, but may stay in this area...then onto Singapore, then Kuala Lumpur...and finally in 2 weeks I will be home! It's been almost 8 months since I left for Asia!

I am taking lots of pictures and having a great time! Miss you all!

No comments: