Saturday, February 7, 2009

unfortunate events, and a new pet.

Hello everyone!
Sorry I haven't been updating much...my teaching schedule has been pretty hefty, and in addition to that I am trying to save money for my upcoming travels so I haven't been doing much in the way of exciting.
I switched rooms at the school, and now have a lukewarm shower (that actually works sometimes), much more space, a bigger bed, and working air conditioner!! It is right above Matt and Andre's rooms, and is much better than my old place!
That being said, I still haven't been payed for January (even though I took on extra work from the accident), and they keep "accidentally" shutting off my electricity and water at inopportune times (i.e. me taking a shower at night). I have sent an email to "the boss" to straighten this mess out. Needless to say I have been in a less than great mood this past week...(working more, not getting payed and getting my shower shut off with shampoo in my hair is not a great way to start the day).
Teaching is going well, I have some new students who are absolutely adorable and make the aforementioned crap bearable. It is getting A LOT hotter here...(stifling would be an accurate description) and 85 degrees + humidity is about as cold as it gets now.
There was a bit of commotion the other day. A little Siamese kitten fell into the air con unit next to our office and got banged up pretty bad by the fan. Matt found her trembling in a corner, bleeding. Her eyes didn't blink at the same time, and she looked pretty out of it. Kelly (one of the staff) took her to the vet in Rayong, and they stitched her up and gave her medicine. Since then she has healed a bit, and is doing much better. She is eating and using the litter box now, and takes her medicine through an eye dropper (also takes milk and honey this way) which she seems to like. She actually started playing today! Anyway, our little rescue was successful, and we are taking good care of her. We decided to name her AC because of where she was found (too soon?). Anyway...she is our new little pet. She lives in Kelly's room, but Kelly has to leave the country a couple times in the next month, so cat-sitting duties fall on me (Matt is allergic). I am happy to take her, and hope she continues to get better!
Scott has been gone for almost a week now, and he got his nose checked up at home. he has to have another surgery on it in July which will have about the same recovery (and icky nose packing) as the previous one. I am glad he went home to get everything checked, but we miss him.
There's really nothing too interesting going on here...besides the cat rescue and not getting payed when I am supposed to. I will be sure to keep you updated...I know this was just so suspenseful. Until then...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you post a pic of AC?
Don't feel bad, the secretary at Pac Rim forgot to send in my Dec time sheet so I am short 20 hours this month. :(

Anonymous said...

There is a guy in one of your pics that looks like the guy from the movie Weird Science and Pretty in Pink. Do you know who I mean?

Anonymous said...

fyi. It is paid not payed.