Friday, October 24, 2008

lightning storms, pool parties and placement

Thailand has the most amazing lightning storms. The other night, we sat on the beach for 2 hours staring at the most amazing lightning we have ever seen, with no rain. It is puzzling, yet awesome!

Last night was our graduation dinner/party. We all went to our boss Bruce's house which had a huge swimming pool and dance area. We had amazing food, and danced the night away. We also had karaoke. Highlights include Matt singing "I'm not a girl not yet a woman", and Kamal, our grammar teacher singing us a Nepalese love song complete with dancing. It was so much fun!

This morning a few of us left for their placements. Everyone is placed, except for 3 of us...of which I am included. It kind of sucks, but then I also get a 2 week vacation, when they don't. It was sad to say goodbye because about 6 of us left. There is a prospect for me to teach online in rayong. There are plusses and minuses to this. The plusses: I would be living with my 3 best friends here. We would work in a air conditioned office, I would always have access to the internet, I wouldn't be placed alone, and I could wear whatever I want. The minuses: I would not be getting the cultural experience I want teaching students face to face, and the office is located about 20 minutes from here (granted on the coast). We have a meeting on Wednesday to hear our final placements, so I will either be there or somewhere else.

In the meantime, I am going to Koh Chang (the 2nd largest island in Thailand) from Sunday through Thursday with the rest of the group. I am excited!

I will update as soon as I get my placement! LOVE YOU

OH I also put up new

Koh Samet:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2014836&l=f1cab&id=83901952

Teaching Monks:
photos:http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2014871&l=faa17&id=83901952

ENJOY! More to come

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those monk boys are adorable. You sure look professional until I saw your bare feet haha

Ashley Voyles said...

I LOVE all the pictures. You are enjoying such an awesome experience. I like that you took a pic for your mom, lol. Can't wait to hear where you get placed. No online teaching. You need to be in front of kids changing their minds!!

Anonymous said...

Donna, Bob and Grandpa say hey and they miss you! They are also proud of you! hahahaha ok I am proud too, you are pretty cool! can you take more pics of sights and people??? love you